Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Studio Vérité: Amy Gross

Studio Vérité: Amy Gross from Jacques de Beaufort on Vimeo.

Post studio visit freeway drives are usually full of contemplative moments and this was no exception. I found my mind drifting to so many of those big ideas that one usually keeps in the margins lest they become paralyzed by the implications: the transience of life, the fragility and importance of human relationships..the meaning of it all. Maybe it was because I had just watched "Prometheus" the night before, but I kept picturing some Uber-Creator tinkering away somewhere creating little human beings with the aid of some sort of magic substance that could easily take over and turn everything into a nightmare of mutation. Then I thought about Amy's art, so beautiful and full of melancholy. Then I got off the freeway and went to Target.

jacquesdebeaufort.com/Studio-Verite

No comments: